Monday, September 24, 2012

Columbia Willamette Pagan Pride Day

Well I must say I was thrilled with how the event went. All things seemed to run smoothly and we received a lot of very positive feedback. Columbia Willamette Pagan Pride day was definitely the largest event I have helped plan to date.


Due to a cancellation on our workshop list I also ended up hosting a workshop. I called it: " Tarot reading for novices."  It was my first time ever actually teaching a workshop and I enjoyed it tremendously.  I was excited to see that so many people seemed to enjoy it as well. It was a very different experience for me to be the one hosting a workshop as opposed to actively listening. I tend to think of this as part of my further growth into my community involvement. I tried to focus on teaching people to really look at the cards and read with intuition as opposed to trying to memorize the definitions in the book  I may also be teaching the workshop again at a nearby store in the next 6 months. People loved the workshops so much we will likely add 2 more shifts next year. We had some incredible people come out to teach workshops and the participants seemed to really enjoy them..


The vendors who came out were tremendous, we had so much variety and so much positive energy the spirit of the event was incredible. It was so exciting for me to meet so many people and small business owners who enjoy being such an active part of the community. Events like this really help to bring people together and remind us all how important it is to be remember how blessed we are as a community.  

In addition to amazing vendors we also had an incredible band who came out and played for us. There music was wonderful, soulful and just a pleasure to listen to. These ladies can really sing. I definitely plan on seeing more of their shows in the future. 

I would also like to sincerely thank our onsite photographer Philip who took some incredible pictures of the event for us. His contribution really helped us to showcase all the fun that was had and all the positive energy in the air.

All in all the event was a smash and I am still reeling from excitement. Now on the planning schedule is a new  Portland's Annual Winter Solstice Ball Dec 22nd. Starting October my planning skills get switched into high speed to help put together a night of fun, dancing, community and ritual. It should be incredible and I am so looking forward to it. Helping to bring these events to our community has filled me with so much happiness I have a hard time putting it into words. I feel incredibly fortunate, blessed and thankful. )O(



0 comments: