Thursday, August 9, 2012

Columbia Willamette Pagan Pride Day 2012



This past year I have been honored to be a planner/ coordinator for this years Columbia Willamette Pagan Pride Day.  It has been a lot of fun and has really forced me to step out of my solitary place and start mingling more with fellow pagans in my area. I realize I am very lucky in the fact that I live in a part of the country where there are a lot of us, and we don't have to be fearful about being out in the public eye. Some people I know are not quite so lucky.

In my new journey of being more a part of the Pagan community I do feel a sense of realizing what I was missing and wanting to never again be quite so distant from my fellow pagans again. It is a wonderful and beautiful community of people. I have had a lot of fun helping to plan workshops, find vendors and this year my Novices of the Old Ways West group will be in charge of hosting a children's area. As my group is one of almost all Mommies I knew they were a perfect fit for such an endeavor. I am so excited for this years event it should be wonderful.



2 comments:

Rina-fay Monroe said...

You are very lucky and i think that's wonderful! What was it like planning an event like that publicly? I'm really hoping to change the outlook in my are to plan an event like this one day. It's an amazing feeling when other people like you are coming out and gathereing!

Kanani said...

That's a great question. It was my first time planning a community this large and I was really nervous and excited about it. It turned out fabulously and I thank a large part of that to how much the community participated in it. I think events like this really help us to remember that there are a lot of like minded people out there even though it isn't always easy to get some of them out of the proverbial broom closet. :) I hope you do have a chance to plan a community event. It is deeply fulfilling.

~Kanani